What kind of creature would a Moby Dick spaceship hunt? Maybe in this universe, the Pequod is a creature which wounded Moby Dick! We saw this yesterday and the timing with Sea Monster Week was too good to pass up. (Art by reefscaper)
Call your offsite links whatever you like, just not Ishmael.
- Which Disney princess is the most feminist?
- Star Wars as a high school movie.
- The Danish have launched their own spaceship
- A bunch of people talking about their actual shark encounters on io9.
- Doctor Who premiered in London last night. Will it be released for everyone on August 25th? Also shots from the premiere in London!
- Iron Man 3 trailer description?
- New Cloud Atlas photos.
- NBC has a supervillain-centered show in the works.
- New trailer for Star Trek video game.
- SF Signal reviews Looking for Lovecraft in All the Wrong Places.
- Great fan-made Back to the Future posters are giant, form a massive DeLorean.
- Pre-Brave, the Disney princesses ranked from least to most feminist.
- If Star Wars took place in a high school movie. (Art by DenisM79)
- Great website called WTF NASA tells you all the great things NASA has done to make your life better.
- Danish rocketeers test their new private launch system.
- New Ken Liu short story on Lightspeed Magazine “The Bookmaking Habits of Select Species.”
- Generation Y buys more books than baby boomers.
Stubby the Rocket is the mascot of Tor.com.