Proving once and for all that Christopher Nolan’s genius knows no bounds, this latest promotional poster for The Dark Knight Rises proves this film will not only be the end of the current Batman trilogy, but also a prequel to the 1960s show. Obviously, time travel elements from the “Return of Bruce Wayne” comics storyline will be used, but instead of the paleolithic era, he goes back to the 60s. We can’t wait.
The rest of your links of interest are just as awesome, but not as well dressed. Highlights:
- We can’t have arsenic-based life after all.
- The New York Post tracks down Steve Ditko and things get crazy.
- The first reactions to The Dark Knight Rises are coming in.
- Willem Dafoe doesn’t think new Spidey movie could have the “charm” of the previous films.
- The New York Post tracked down Steve Ditko in his Hell’s Kitchen studio and it didn’t go well.
- The Bowery Boys assemble a history of New York City as seen through 50 years of Spider-Man covers.
- Remember when a scientist discovered life based off of arsenic? Those findings were refuted recently.
- Ron Perlman is back as Hellboy for the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
- Michael Fassbender will be in a movie version of Assassins’s Creed.
- Latest poster for The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey features Gandalf standing and looking at you.
- Stormtroopers on Dirt Bikes.
- Myke Cole interviews John Joseph Adams and James Lowder on the SF Signal Podcast.
- According to Prometheus, we’ll all be drinking out of Bodum Glasses in the year 2093.
- Philip Seymour Hoffman has been cast in Catching Fire as Plutarch Heavensbee.
- Assuming there ever is a Justice League movie, Christopher Nolan is not going to be part of it.
- Octavia Butler books get new covers.
- Early reactions to The Dark Knight Rises are positive.
Stubby the Rocket is the mascot of Tor.com. Stubby knows how to do the bat-tu-si!