If there had to be a cake that visualized the entirety of a fictional universe, we’re glad it’s this one. This Discworld cake is by Loura, who’s science fiction/fantasy cakes are regularly featured over on Geeks Are Sexy. Go here to see her other works.
Every day Stubby the Rocket jets around the internet looking for links of interest. Today we’re focusing on:
- Swords replaced with bananas.
- The emptiest place in our actual universe.
- The Hobbit, and how it needs your axe.
- Could John Rhys-Davies return as Gimli in either of The Hobbit films?
- If he does return, he better hurry, as shooting just wrapped on the two Hobbit films. Peter Jackson will be at Comic Con to talk about it, too.
- Amazing Spider-Man concept art reveals that Spider-Man almost looked like a crazy person. (Still, if they ever do Carnage they’ve got the suit they need already.)
- What if they weren’t swords but… bananas? io9 has collected a lot of great photoshops from the Something Awful forums answering that very question.
- H&R Block puzzled out how much Spider-Man and Batman actually make. Spider-Man’s finances are really depressing. (Spoiler?)
- Sailor Moon will return in 2013.
- George Dvorsky writes up a nice summary of the largest known void in the universe. We like the bit about how it could be a galaxy-spanning civilization.
- Trailer for small sci-fi film called Seed.
- A bunch of photos of Milla Jovovich, Michelle Rodriguez and friends from the impending Resident Evil: Retribution.
- Set photos from new Mad Max: Fury Road.
Stubby the Rocket is the mascot of Tor.com and has never traversed a void in space that large BUT SOMETIMES IT FEELS LIKE IT HAS.