Prior to the announcement of the Mummy series being rebooted,The Scorpion King 2 held a special place in movie history. To our knowledge, it’s the only sequel to a spin-off of a sequel of a remake. Now that The Mummy universe is to be rebooted, a rebooted Scorpion King might cause a minor paradox and/or an alternate universe in which Biffco funds these films.
Your offsite links are coming at you from an alternate dimension. (Biff Has the Phonebox via Tee Fury. Art by kal 5000)
- Get ready to hail your space taxi.
- The only thing Ackbar fears more than traps.
- For national poetry month, “Alien Vs. Predator.”
Every day Stubby the Rocket jets around the internet looking for links of interest. When Stubby finds these links, they get put in our handy Links of Interest section and sometimes on our Twitter and Facebook! Sometimes Stubby creates an extra section in Morning Roundup for the stuff Stubby knows you crave. Here’s today’s selection:
- Are you ready for space taxis? With existing technology it could happen by 2015.
- If you’re waiting for Torchwood to return, keep waiting!
- Ackbar says “It’s a mousetrap!”
- Would you feel good if you found out you evolved from dolphins? (Squeak if yes.)
- Yesterday was First Contact day. Only 51 more years until the Vulcans get here! What did you do to celebrate?
- A release date and other details on Captain America 2 have been revealed.
- A new game from the creators of Minecraft is coming complete with “hard sci-fi.”
- Watch out Elliot! That’s the wrong alien in your basket.
- Find out what Jenna-Louis Coleman had to read for her Doctor Who audition.
- Michael Robbins talks about his poem “Alien Vs. Predator” in The Paris Review.
- And then, out of left field, they tell us The Mummy is to be rebooted. Is the Brendan Fraser brand really that depleted?
- Calm down. There were never acquatic dinosaurs.
Stubby the Rocket is the voice and mascot of Tor.com. Stubby wants to travel back in time and put some money on bowties making a comeback.