It’s Monday and we’re so grumpy to be back at work that we’re looking at illustrations of the world ending. More fire! More flood! Lightning! PHOTOSHOP!
Also, what’s this about the Doctor returning to Bad Wolf Bay? What if he leaves Amy and Rory there? How will Rose know to come get them? Or is it Alfava Metraxis pre-crash of the Byzantium? What if he leaves Amy and Rory there? Please look at these offsite links while we calm down:
- Early impressions of The Avengers are coming in and…it’s not dumb enough.
- Lucy Lawless, Xena herself, just took down an actual New Zealand oil-drilling ship. That discus of hers is shockingly effective…
- An awesome Return of the Jedi/Community poster.
Every day Stubby the Rocket jets around the internet looking for links of interest. When Stubby finds these links, they get put in our handy Links of Interest section and sometimes on our Twitter and Facebook! Here are today’s:
- Literary devices depicted as actual machines.
- Doctor Who returns to Bad Wolf Bay for season 7 filming. Turns out he ditches all of his companions there. How many bodies are buried in that sand?!?
- Also, the Zygons will probably not be in the seventh season of Doctor Who. We have already dispatched a team of counselors to your depressing apartment in order to get you through this.
- Xena: Warrior Princess spent this past weekend taking down a New Zealand oil-drilling ship. We, uh, watched the Oscars and tried a new cake recipe.
- Very early impressions of The Avengers: It’s not Michael Bay-ish enough.
- The Lord of the Rings Family Tree Project has added ethnicity and gender sorting. Conclusion? Middle-earth is a sausage fest.
- Awesome Community-themed Return of the Jedi poster.
- The Avengers as Powerpuff Girls. Cap! Commander and the leader…
- See how Darth Maul got his groove back in the full trailer for his comeback on The Clone Wars
- Star Wars: Episode I’s rerelease has pushed the film past one billion dollars, depsite the fact we all bought tickets for Journey 2 and snuck in.
- Joel Kinnman is Robocop maybe? Seriously, they should just get a real robot to play Robocop.
- Eighth Doctor Paul McGann reads VURT by Jeff Noon
- The apocalypse will be illustrated!!!
Stubby the Rocket is the voice and mascot of Tor.com and could fight ninjas in a toga but shouldn’t steal ALL the spotlight from NPH.