It’s a fact that bats sleep upside down and are totally blind. Everyone knows this stuff. But did you know bats are also a media hoax? Turns out there are no such thing as bats. They’re just ugly crows wearing weird weather balloons. Weird, right?
Hey! Stubby’s just messing with ya! Bats are probably real. Ready for your off site links? Good.
1.) Nolan has reasons for keeping the Batman hidden for two presidential terms.
2.) Start getting ready to cast Boneshaker.
3.) What? More contradictory Khan rumors? No. You don’t say.
4.) Dalek Claus.
Every day Stubby the Rocket jets around the internet looking for links of interest. When Stubby finds these links, they get put in our handy Links of Interest section and sometimes on our Twitter and Facebook! Here are today’s:
- The literary importance of Miss Piggy. (via The Paris Review)
- What would happen if you started losing some of your senses? New indie SF film with Ewan McGregor explores. Trailer here. (via Yahoo! Movies)
- Is this a real super-villain island for sale or a joke? It’s not clear. But it’s cool! (via Firebox)
- Has the timeline changed? Daniel Radcliffe is now saying Maggie Smith got him the audition for Harry Potter. (via Mugglenet)
- Speaking of Radcliffe, he’s in The Woman in Black, and there’s a new trailer from Canada with some new stuff. (via Bleeding Cool)
- OMG. What can we believe about Khan? Simon Pegg casts doubts on all the Star Trek 2 rumors. (via Trekmovie)
- Can’t wait for Boneshaker? Let’s start talking about who should be in the cast! (via Steampunk.com)
- Why was Batman in hiding for 8 years when it’s only been 4 in the real world? Christopher Nolan “explains.” (via Blastr)
- How many SF pseudonyms do you know? Not as many as these guys. (via SF Signal)
- How to make Star Wars snowflakes (not made out of real snow)
- Dalek Claus saves/ruins Christmas (via deviantart)
- G.I. Joe 2 somehow exists, oddly has bigger names than the first film, and without a shred of mercy, has a trailer. (via Den of Geek)
Stubby the Rocket is the voice and mascot of Tor.com. Stubby would hang upside down, but there’s no down in space.