Yesterday saw the launch of the new NASA Mars probe Curiosity and as much as we wanted to put an image of the little rover in the top of the Morning Roudup, there was also this image of Matt Smith and Karen Gillan in Christmas sweaters playing Twister with a Cyberman. What?
Anyway, we’re cheering on Curiosity and the Doctor. (It looks like he’s winning, right?) Ready for your offsite links to explain the above? Here you go.
1.) The details on Curiosity.
2.) How some female SF authors are making solid money.
3.) The British Fantasy Awards get shaken up!
- Tor.com Steampunk: The Steampunk skull is on your desktop.
- Tor.com Urban Fantasy: Plush zombie toy from Think Geek.
- Tor.com Science Fiction: The Independent takes a look at female SF authors making six figures or more on their book deals.
- Tor.com Fantasy: There have been some changes at the British Fantasy Awards….
From our handy “Of Interest” sidebar:
- Why are Matt Smith and Karen Gillan in those sweaters with that Cyberman? Find out here.
- Curiosity is on its way to Mars!
- First MIB3 poster emerges.
- Book cover smackdown on SF Signal.
- New snapshots for the set of The Hobbit from Peter Jackson.
- Tintin is on his Tauntaun. (Via The Beat Comic Culture)
Stubby the Rocket is the voice and mascot of Tor.com. Stubby will help Curiosity on its way if it runs into trouble but Matt Smith is on his own up there.