Thursdays are a lot like sentient submarines. They’re deep, unpredictable, and usually named Ralph. So, if Ralph gives you a hard time, remember, run onto land. He can’t get you there. While you’re getting ready to run through your day, here’s some offsite links to fire you up.
- More of those brassy steampunk critters.
- The entire universe is a joke.
- More Inspector Spacetime!
- Canada has a monster!
- Tor.com Steampunk: These steampunk animals are beautiful! (Art by Gvozdariki)
- Tor.com Urban Fantasy: Cover art for Seawitch by Kat Richardson.
- Tor.com Science Fiction: Adults, you now have permission to read YA novels!
- Tor.com Art Department: New entries into the Kingdoms for Horses album.
- The entire universe is actually playing a joke on us. (via The Onion)
- New Inspector Spacetime segment on Community.
- New Mindmeld on SF Signal talks about character-driven SF.
- Julie Taymor is suing Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark
- Fun list on io9 about really bad films based on Greek mythology.
- The Loch Ness Monster of Canada, eh?
- Casting news for new Captain Nemo movie. (Via Deadline)
Stubby the Rocket is the voice and mascot of Tor.com.