It’s the last Wednesday of the month. It deserves you respect, your gratitude, but mostly importantly, it deserves a dance party. While you’re hot-footing to your best techno mix, here are your morning links.
1.) Turns out that Major Tom was just a big jokester.
2.) A Dark Knight Rises prologue that you won’t want to miss.
3.) Machine embroidery for a new millenium.
4.) Writers getting star billing.
- Tor.com Steampunk: Revitalizing machine embroidery for a new generation of fashion designers with this gorgeous dress.
- Tor.com Urban Fantasy: Ten of the scariest vampires.
From our handy “Of Interest” sidebar:
- Looks like writers are gaining more clout at the box office. Check out the new Tin Tin poster the writers are getting the same size billing as the actors.
- A six-minute Dark Knight Rises prologue is coming in December….
- Major Tom is giving ground control a really hard time in this hilarious video.
- Incredible alternate movie posters from Star Wars, Tron, 2001, Jurassic Park and more.
Stubby the Rocket is the voice and mascot of Tor.com.