Oh hai Wednesday. You’re my favorite day. No really. What’s that you say? What’s in morning roundup? I cannot tell you yet, you’ll have to click on the link. Okay thow me the ball. I bet you’ll like these offsite links. I’ll tell you where they are. They’re below the cut!
1.) Real hoverboards!(?)
2.) Shinzon vs Kirk.
3.) Ten words science fiction INVENTED!
- Tor.com Steampunk: The writer of JLA: Age of Wonder, Rich Johnston talks about how the Steampunk Justice League came about.
- Tor.com Urban Fantasy: Sister-site Heroes & Heartbreakers talks about the messed-up lives of our favorite urban fantasy heroines.
- Tor.com Wheel of Time: Brandon Sanderson answers Wheel of Time questions at NYCC. Report up at Theoryland.
- Tor.com Science Fiction: io9 has 10 words you might think came from science, but actually came from science fiction!
- Tor.com Art Department: The Illustration Master Class is open for registration!
From our handy “Of Interest” sidebar:
- Are hover boards almost here?
- With the election coming up next year, isn’t it time to show your support for Zaphod Beeblebrox for President?
Chris Pine versus
ShinzonTom Hardy in new CIA romantic comedy
- That Bryan Singer BSG movie might happen after all.
- Batman: The Brave & the Bold nailed this Space Ghost pastiche. (Also above)
- Yoda helps a flower girl over at The Mary Sue.
Stubby the Rocket is the voice and mascot of Tor.com. Stubby wonders if
Shinzon Tom Hardy ends up beating Chris Pine in this CIA movie what that means for Patrick Stewart fans.