Amazon has announced the launch of a new science fiction/fantasy imprint, 47North. The imprint joins six others currently under the Amazon Publishing umbrella and kicks off its schedule of releases this month, a schedule which includes Dave Duncan, Neal Stephenson, and Greg Bear.
According to the announcement, all of 47North’s output will be available to English readers in Kindle, print and audio formats, as well as at national and independent booksellers. 47North will publish original and previously published works, as well as out-of-print books.
The releases kick off this month, with SFF material starting monthly in 2012:
- October 2011: Face of Evil by Lee Goldberg and William Rabkin. The first novel in The Dead Man series. Protagonist Matthew Cahill gains new sight into the netherworld after a terrible accident, making each day a living nightmare.
- January 2012: Against the Light by Dave Duncan. The story of a young, magical missionary’s arrest for heresy and treason in the land of Albi.
- January 2012: Resurrection by Arwen Elys Dayton. This out-of-print science fictio novel about warring alien races and the two star-crossed pilots who hold the key to salvation will return to print in January.
- March 2012: A new series from Stephen Leather starting in March and following former cop and struggling private investigator Jack Nightingale, who is forced to confront the possibility that demons exist after inheriting a supernatural mansion.
- April 2012: The Mongoliad: Book One. Hugo and Nebula Award-winning authors Neal Stephenson and Greg Bear have teamed up with an ensemble of respected authors and newcomers to create the Foreworld series. The series will begin with The Mongoliad trilogy, an epic tale about the birth of Western martial arts.
- May 2012: Further: Beyond the Threshold by Chris Roberson. The writer behind DC’s iZombie and Cinderella pens a novel about a space explorer who is kept in stasis for too long and awakens to a universe that is terrifying and unfamiliar.
More information on 47North, whose name is based on the latitude coordinates of Seattle, visit www.amazon.com/47North.