Thursday is in your house eating your favorite cereal, hanging out on your sofa and hogging the N64 controller. You keep suggesting a game of Mario Kart and Thursday is like “No, I want to keep playing Perfect Dark.” When you mention that, too, is a game that can be played with friends, Thursday suggests you go look at some offsite links. Luckily we’ve got some for you.
1.) Scalzi explains why being a Jedi would be crummy.
2.) Neal Stephenson demands hard SF now!
3.) Two new clips from The Thing are serious. (one above)
- Tor.com Wheel of Time: Dragonmount wonders if Mashadar is The Wheel of Time’s all purpose cleaner…
- Tor.com Urban Fantasy: Phineas and Ferb’s awesome Twilight spoof (featuring the voices Anna Paquin, Stephen Moyer, and Michael J. Fox!)
- Tor.com Science Fiction: John Scalzi correctly explains the six reasons it sucks to be Jedi via the AMC Filmcritic Blog.
- Tor.com Fantasy: Pat’s Fantasy Hotlist has an excerpt from The Cold Commands by Richard Morgan.
From our handy “Of Interest” sidebar:
- 5 superheroes redesigned convincingly
- Neil Gaiman will be on This American Life this week!
- Hugh Jackman lets us in on his boxing skills
- Star Wars French Disco
- Two new clips from The Thing
- Kirkus Reviews on science fiction mash-ups
- Neal Stephenson issues the battle cry for more hard SF
Stubby the Rocket is voice and mascot of Tor.com. Back when the Old Republic was in its hey day it had Jedi jumping all around its insides. Don’t tell Luke, but it’s kind of glad they’re gone now.