Thursday is like giant giraffe that spits fire. You love it and you want to be closer to it, but it’s neck is so long and the fire is hot! How will you cope? I’m recommending some fun offsite links.
1.) Hip-hop steampunk exists.
2.) Steven Hunt fights for equal genre rights
3.) Certain books have been lost to time.
4.) Rainn Wilson somehow sends up something we didn’t know needed sending up.
- Tor.com Steampunk: Geek Mom talks about hip-hop steampunk
- Tor.com Urban Fantasy: The Hum and the Shiver enjoys its release day
- Tor.com Wheel of Time: The Thirteenth Depository hits chapter 41 of The Gathering Storm
- Tor.com Science Fiction: Stephen Hunt is looking for equal genre rights. He’s serious!
From our handy “Of Interest” sidebar:
- The plot description for Prometheus sounds pretty cool
- Two-Face has become One-Face
- The Smithsonian is talking about books that are lost to time
- You can now write like Cthulhu.
- Rainn Wilson is doing a viral marketing campaing for the book Wildwood and this awesome video is the result. (above)
Stubby the Rocket is the voice and mascot of Tor.com. Perhaps you’ve seen Stubby in a dream more real than life. Add that to the pile!