Tuesday has arrived and we’re all buying hardhats. Not because we’re worried about stuff falling on us from space, but rather because we all look amazing in hardhats. You have no idea. After the cut are some offsite links to get you pumped for the rest of your week.
1.) Space junk may fall from the sky and on to your head this week.
2.) Shatner’s odd rant against Star Wars.
3.) Vintage, disturbing Howard the Duck ads that you had to PAY to listen to.
4.) See where the internet is buried underneath the ocean
- Tor.com Steampunk: The Geek Mom reports on The Asylum Steampunk Conival
- Tor.com Urban Fantasy: YA authors team up for Dark Days
- Tor.com Science Fiction: Bizarre Shatner rant against Star Wars
From our handy “Of Interest” sidebar:
- Would you want to experience a year without summer? It happened once, and the Tambora volcano is rumbling back to life….
- Howard the Duck was strangely promoted through 900 number prerecorded messages back in 1986.
- From io9: excerpt from new Sherlock Holmes pastiche, The Breath of God
- The map that shows you where the Internet lives.
- Look out above! A satellite might fall on you this week.
Stubby the Rocket is the voice and mascot of Tor.com. If Stubby could stop the space junk, Stubby would. But Stubby’s not really that kind of rocket.