Thursday is right before Friday, which means it’s sort of like being on the edge of the plank on the pirate ship that is your workweek. If Thursday is the plank, then Friday and the weekend are the waiting jaws of the crocodile. (Can you hear the ticking clock?) To give you something to occupy your thoughts while you wait, here’s a selection of interesting offsite links.
1.) J.J. Abrams is supposedly committed to Trek 2
2.) Pop songs are duking it out for sci-fi supremacy
3.)The Boss is going to Mars (image via The Onion)
- Tor.com Steampunk: Doug Jones talks about going steampunk for The Guild (Via MTV)
- Tor.com Fantasy: Fantasy Magazine talks about language in the genre.
- Tor.com Wheel of Time: The Thirteenth Depository has a full report on DragonCon
- Tor.com Urban Fantasy: io9 is asking which pop song in a science fiction movie or TV show is your favorite
- Tor.com Science Fiction: Controversial Top 5 list of science fiction sidearms via Science Fiction.com
From our handy “Of Interest” sidebar:
- The Onion features a wonderful piece on a (fake) Bruce Springteen album set on Mars.
- New York Magazine‘s Vulture is reporting that J.J. Abrams is REALLY, REALLY going to direct the next Star Trek movie.
Nice 1976 letter from
AsimovBradbury to Heinlein
- Doctor Who wins big at UK’s TV Choice Awards
Stubby the Rocket is the voice and mascot of Tor.com. Like Asimov to Heinlein, Stubby writes letters to science fiction writers all the time. But they always, oddly, appear in the form of blogs.