Thursday is ready for you. Are you ready for Thursday? We’ve got a great selection of off-site links to keep you excited about all the different ways your timestream might careen. Highlights include:
1.) An alternate take from The Empire Strikes Back in which everything seems really corny and flat.
2.) Leather steampunk masks attack!
3.) Batgirl is selling out!
4.) What’s in a title? Possible big Who spoiler.
- Tor.com Steampunk: Leather steampunks masks are scary!
- Tor.com Fantasy: The Navigator reviews A Dance with Dragons
- Tor.com Science Fiction: Mark Charan Newton takes a look at how much science we actually want in our science fiction.
- Tor.com Urban Fantasy: G4 gives us the first 15 minutes of new Zombie Game Dead Island
From our handy “Of Interest” sidebar:
- EW is very exicted about this deleted scene from The Empire Strikes Back. Are you?
- Barbara Gordan can walk again! And the new Batgirl #1 is already selling out.
- Does this Doctor Who episode title reveal something big?
- Check out what Odd Day is all about.
Stubby the Rocket is the voice and mascot of Tor.com. Stubby thinks all the talk about heat between Han and Leia in that deleted scene was stolen from Stubby’s unpublished romance novel; Wampa Me Slowly.