Why is it called hump day? Are we going in search of hump-backed people? (Whales, Mr. Scott, whales.) Either way here’s your Wednesday selection of off-site links. (Above, in honor of a recent statement from Julie Newmar, here’s some solid clips from her Catwoman days.)
1.) What’s on Captain Ahab’s I-Pod?
2.) Ever notice how much supermodels have in common with zombies?
3.) Do you want to fight the future in which X-Files 3 is happening?
4.) Are you getting totally spoiled for the Avengers yet?
- Tor.com Steampunk: Geek Dad is talking about Steampunk Westerns.
- Tor.com Fantasy: Fantasy Faction dishes about the world building of Peter V. Brett.
- Tor.com Science Fiction: Got enough geek cakes in your life? No? Here’s some more.
- Tor.com Urban Fantasy: Zombies versus Supermodels on Geek Tyrant.
From our handy “Of Interest” sidebar:
- Flavorwire has Captain Ahab’s playlist
- What’s going on with X-Files 3. Gillian Anderson gives hints.
- The original Catwoman misses the good old fun of 60s Batman.
- Possible big spoiler from Avengers set pics.
- Michael Moorcock’s home is in an area of Texas that is being destroyed by fires. Wish him well on the multiverse message boards.
Stubby the Rocket is the voice and mascot of Tor.com. Stubby is pur-fect in every way.