Welcome back from your long weekend. We hope you avoided time vortices, multiple-headed creatures, and dull conversations. Here is an assortment of off-site links to kick off your (hopefully) short week. Highlights include:
1.) The best stop-motion monsters.
2.) A real Batmobile powered by jet fuel.
3.) A Darwinist rock song?
4.) The people have spoken: Dumbledore is the best. Ever.
- Tor.com Steampunk: A Darwinist rock song with connections to Scott Westerfeld?
- Tor.com Fantasy: Brandon Sanderson has uploaded every single image from The Way of Kings to his website.
- Tor.com Science Fiction: Book Trib has a look back at a classic SF Novel: The Forever War by Joe Haldeman
- Tor.com Urban Fantasy: Book trailer for After Obsession by Carrie Jones and Steven E. Wedel.
From our handy “Of Interest” sidebar:
- There is a real life Batmobile and it runs on jet fuel.
- Den of Geek! Counts down their favorite Ray Harryhausen monsters
- Guardian readers say Dumbledore is the best ever after recent poll.
Stubby the Rocket is the voice and mascot of Tor.com. Stubby loaned the Batmobile a bunch of fuel. Still is waiting for that tour of the Batcave. This deal’s getting worse all the time.