The middle of the week sometimes feels like being banished to The Phantom Zone by Jor-El. But we’re determined to escape with a selection of interesting off-site links. Here’s what we’ve got today:
1.) Bad news for the International Space Station
2.) A new Star Trek series set in the old universe?
3.) A new movie tries to trick you into thinking it’s a different forthcoming movie.
4.) Underwater Steampunk for your iPad.
- Tor.com Steampunk: Underwater Steampunk Game for iPad reviewed by Touch Arcade
- Tor.com Fantasy: Video of Lev Grossman in Seattle.
- Tor.com Science Fiction: TrekWeb has a some news that a new Star Trek series in the old-universe continuity may be in the works…
- Tor.com Urban Fantasy: Geek Zenith.com has some new Walking Dead trailers.
- Tor.com Wheel of Time: DragonCon is this week! Wheel of Time Track has the info.
From our handy “Of Interest” sidebar:
- The Box himself says Tron 3’s dance card is NOT full.
- Will the International Space Station be empty in November?
- Maybe the new Bond film will be called this.
There is a difference between Robotropolis and Robopocalypse.
Here it is.
Stubby the Rocket is the voice and mascot of Tor.com. Rocketropolis is going to be a romantic comedy starring Stubby, while Rocketpocalypse will be its dark, depressing sequel starring Ashton Kutcher as the voice of the Apocalypse.