It’s Tuesday, and we know that all you want is a little know-how. So we’ve put together some fun links from elsewhere. Today we’ve got:
1.) Models in our urban fantasy.
2.) Dinosaurs in our near future.
3.) Harrison Ford telling us what to name our next film.
4.) Jaffa fighting Batman. (Well, maybe. It would be pretty sweet.)
- Tor.com Steampunk: At Comic Con, Jon Favreau told everyone what Harrison Ford thought of the Cowboys & Aliens title. And Guillermo del Toro talked about visiting Disneyland.
- Tor.com Fantasy: The New York Times wants to talk to you about Dwarf Fortress.
- Tor.com Urban Fantasy: It looks as though Tyra Banks has written a book called Modelland. No, we’re dead serious. Make of this what you will.
- Tor.com Wheel of Time: Brandon Sanderson will be signing in Australia next year!
- Tor.com Science Fiction: Who wants quasar water? Scientists have discovered the largest known source of water billions of lightyears away. It could fil our oceans 100 trillion times.
From our handy “Of Interest” sidebar:
- Steven Spielberg has made it official: Jurassic Park 4 is go!
- Teal’c is going to be in The Dark Knight Rises. That’s right, our favorite Jaffa from Stargate SG-1.
- Nick Fury needs some more Avengers recruits. That girl with swan powers looked alright. And that kid who invented Facebook….
- Will we see Sarah Conner in the next Terminator film?
Stubby the Rocket is the voice and mascot of Tor.com. Stubby thinks Teal’c would be an excellent addition to Stubby’s crew.