Hello Tuesday! Can you believe how deep we are into summer? Stay inside with your AC and check out the offsite links we’ve cooked up for you. Today we’re thinking about:
1.) The booze served in Westeros
2.) Bear McCreary scoring all space-related things from now on.
3.) Magic eyewear
4.) The first cameras in Scotland Yards.
- Tor.com Steampunk: The first surveillance camera from Scotland Yards captured these Suffragette portraits!
- Tor.com Fantasy: Borders Blog reviews A Dance With Dragons
- Tor.com Urban Fantasy: Zombie Snow White eats the APPLE
- Tor.com Wheel of Time: Books a Million wants to know: what’s your favorite epic fantasy series?
- Tor.com Science Fiction: Walker of Worlds reviews The Quantum Thief
From our handy “Of Interest” sidebar:
- Winter may be coming (eventually) but you’ll be warm enough with this Direwolf Winter Lager from Stark Brewing Company
- Magic Emoticon Eyewear is either really great or really scary
- Bear McCreary has written a fanfare for the final shuttle mission.
- In-depth look at Disney’s forthcoming John Carter of Mars
Stubby the Rocket is the voice and mascot of Tor.com. The Stubby brewing company is in a secret comet that only Stubby knows how to get to.