Greetings Monday Humans! We’ve got an nice assortment of offsite links for you this morning. At the start of the week we’re thinking about the following:
1.) The importance of the last name “Wells” to the genres we all love.
2.) The Body Count in A Song of Ice and Fire
3.) Muppets, as usual.
4.) The perks of being a fly on the wall during the filming of some movie greats.
- Tor.com Fantasy: Who will survive the entirety of A Song of Ice and Fire?
- Tor.com Steampunk: An actual honest-to-goodness radio interview between Orson Welles and H.G. Wells. Amazing!
- Tor.com Urban Fantasy: June 24th was Fairy Day? How did you celebrate? (June can be Fairy Month if you forgot to do something on Friday).
- Tor.com Art Department: Listen in on the Illustrations Master Class with this audio clip.
Form our “Of Interest” Sidebar:
- A Muppet/Game of Thrones Mashup. Nothing more needs to be said.
- Torchwood: Miracle Day reveals Starz airing schedule.
- These absolutely gorgeous behind-the-scenes shots from all kinds of movies. From Alien, to Ghostbusters, to Tron, and even The Shining.
Stubby the Rocket is the voice and mascot of Tor.com. Stubby could never be a Muppet because nobody pulls Stubby’s strings.