It’s Friday, and we know you’re happy about it! In today’s offsite links roundup we’re:
1.) Worried about Wolverine. Again.
2.) Wondering at how the world could have coped without Tolkien’s masterpiece.
3.) Getting our Father’s Day cards together.
4.) Adding vampies to shows that could use a boost.
- Tor.com Urban Fantasy: Ever wondered why zombies freak you out so much? Turns out, science can explain it. In other news, here are five television shows that would be much improved by adding some bloodsucking.
- Tor.com Steampunk: The Steampunk Tribune has a piece on the origins of Spanish Steampunk. And here are some gorgeous Regency costumes that are being used in performance art.
- Tor.com Wheel of Time: Taveren Tees has a great Father’s Day card for you favorite paternal WoT fan!
- Tor.com Fantasy: A fascinating discussion over at Westeros.org’s forumswhat would the fantasy genre be like if Lord of the Rings had never been written?
From the “Of Interest” Sidebar:
- A functional model airship! We want to tote that around the city!
- The new Wolverine film finally has a new director. The post had been vacant since Darren Aronofsky dropped out in March. What do you think?
- Looks like the new Star Trek movie is pretty behind. But J.J. Abrams won’t give it up because he would be jealous of another director taking his place.
Stubby the Rocket is the voice and mascot of Tor.com. Stubby doesn’t find zombies the least bit off-putting. They all look like carbon units to Stubby.