Morning Roundup Time! Every morning we gather some cool outside links and highlights from the Tor.com satellite sites and our handy “Of Interest” sidebar for your pre-work perusal. Check out the Facebook portals themselveslinked belowfor even more items that might tickle your fancy.
This morning we’re trying to figure out where that humming is coming from and trading our favorite theories on how the Dark Knight will rise. (Or not.)
- Tor.com Fantasy: A charming re-relling of the magic that takes place when fans meet authors—Patrick Rothfuss at DragonCon 2008.
- Tor.com Urban Fantasy: Have something to say? Let your bookshelves say it for you.
- Tor.com Steampunk: It’s time to make some artificial lightning!
- Tor.com Art Department: Black Gate has an interview with Michael Whelan on the art of genre.
- Tor.com Wheel of Time: A video demostrating some sword forms from last year’s DragonCon.
From the “Of Interest” Sidebar:
- According to this [giant comics spoiler] plot from a while back, Batman might be up for some nasty treatment in The Dark Knight Rises. But only if they pick this storyline.
- In this quiet English village, people are being woken each night by a strange humming of unknown origin. Erm… this is the point where you head for the hills, right?
- Magic with iPods? Trust us, you don’t want to miss out on the show Marco Tempest puts on. Deception is the name of the game.
Stubby the Rocket is the mascot of Tor.com. Stubby knows where that hum is coming from… but that would be telling.