Morning Roundup Time! Every morning we gather some cool outside links and highlights from the Tor.com satellite sites and our handy “Of Interest” sidebar for your pre-work perusal. Check out the Facebook portals themselves—linked below—for even more items that might tickle your fancy.
This morning we’re trying not to upset Wonder Woman after NBC gave her the boot, and chilling with everyone’s favorite grey wizard.
- Tor.com Science Fiction: A documentary uncovering Alejandro Jodorowsky’s unrealized version of Dune is underway.
- Tor.com Fantasy: Gandalf wears sunglasses at night, so he can…impress the dwarves?
- Tor.com Urban Fantasy: All right, it’s time to take your pick—who’s your favorite vampire hunter?
- Tor.com Steampunk: You cannot resist taking a look at the Beard and Moustache Championships.
- Tor.com Wheel of Time: Head over to Dragonmount and play Wheel of Time Scene It!
From the “Of Interest” Sidebar:
- NBC has officially nixed the Wonder Woman pilot. Looks like that costume overhaul didn’t help much.
- Our cellphones might be killing bees. That’s definitely a problem if we’re going to, you know…eat.
- A Syfy Channel network representative explains precisely why Stargate: Universe had to be cancelled. It all comes down to numbers and graphs.
Stubby the Rocket is the mascot and often random voice of Tor.com. Stubby always dreamed of entering a Beard and Moustache Championship. Alas, it is not to be.