Morning Roundup Time! Every morning we gather some cool outside links and highlights from the Tor.com satellite sites and our handy “Of Interest” sidebar for your pre-work perusal. Check out the Facebook portals themselves—linked below—for even more items that might tickle your fancy.
This morning we’re trying to figure out where the dinosaurs went in this building and firing our slingshot crossbows from the roof.
- Tor.com Science Fiction: Joss Whedon wants you to know about the very important Avengers scene he has planned to shoot tomorrow, Day One.
- Tor.com Fantasy: If you prefer character driven epic fantasy, these are the books you might want to check out.
- Tor.com Urban Fantasy: This fan-made Buffy and Angel trailer might make you want to watch both series over from the very beginning. We warned you.
- Tor.com Steampunk: What every steampunk street urchin needs—a slingshot crossbow.
- Tor.com Wheel of Time: The JordanCon costume contest is now on YouTube!
From the “Of Interest” Sidebar:
- Epic fantasy has gotten a pretty cruel bashing from critics recently. SF Signal has some theories about that.
- Prepare yourselves, mainstream America! Doctor Who is going to be on the Today Show!
- Kids know what they want, and this little girl knows that a museum is not a real museum without dinosaurs.
Stubby the Rocket is the mascot and often random voice of Tor.com. Stubby has been trying to keep this spoiler inside for a long time, but Stubby can be silent no longer—Stubby is playing Hawkeye in the Avengers film.