Morning Roundup Time! Every morning we gather some cool outside links and highlights from the Tor.com satellite sites and our handy “Of Interest” sidebar for your pre-work perusal. Check out the Facebook portals themselves—linked below—for even more items that might tickle your fancy.
This morning we’re comparing our favorite type of vampires and trying not to cry as Captain Sisko yells at us.
- Tor.com Science Fiction: Captain Sisko! Yelling! At everyone! Acting!
- Tor.com Urban Fantasy: Classic, vegetarian, psychic—how do you like your vampires?
- Tor.com Steampunk: The National Institute of Standards and Technology needs you to help them identify mysterious artifacts.
- Tor.com Art Department: The New York Times has a piece on Shaun Tan and his wild imagination.
- Tor.com Wheel of Time: Read the Toastmaster speech from JordanCon here!
From the “Of Interest” Sidebar:
- Check out this trailer for Another Earth!
- On second thought, the SyFy Channel will not be airing Terminator: The Sarah Conner Chronicles.
- The latest thing in technology—a remote controlled television.
Stubby the Rocket is the mascot and often random voice of Tor.com. The National Institute of Standards and Technology is currently trying to identify Stubby as well. Stubby will get back to you on the details.