Morning Roundup Time! Every morning (unless it’s Dystopia Week or something) we gather some cool outside links and highlights from the Tor.com satellite sites and our handy “Of Interest” sidebar for your pre-work perusal. Check out the Facebook portals themselves—linked below—for even more items that might tickle your fancy.
Today we’re anticipating the latest in music from our favorite starship captain and rearranging our days around jetpack traffic.
- Tor.com Science Fiction: The Empire Strikes Back told through Iconoscope. Everything is so clear!
- Tor.com Fantasy: Five reasons why you might like Game of Thrones, even if you’re not into fantasy. A good one to have saved up for vehement discussions with strangers down at the pub.
- Tor.com Urban Fantasy: I Am Legend makeup test. So creepy, so cool.
- Tor.com Steampunk: All right, steampunkers and futurists, start saving. The first commercial jetpack is coming.
- Tor.com Art Department: This Tumblr features art directors who hover. (FYI: Irene hovers, too, but more in a always-five-inches-off-the-ground kind of way. Ah, the perks of management.)
From the “Of Interest” Sidebar:
- It’s finally here: the track listing to William Shatner’s latest upcoming album.
- How Harry Potter fans are saving the world.
- Is it a planet? Is it a frying pan? How are these things related?
Stubby the Rocket is the mascot and often random voice of Tor.com. Stubby knows the difference between a frying pan and a planet—one is for landing on and the other is for eggs!