Morning Roundup Time! Every morning we gather some cool outside links and highlights from the Tor.com satellite sites and our handy “Of Interest” sidebar for your pre-work perusal. Check out the Facebook portals themselves—linked below—for even more items that might tickle your fancy.
Today we’re imagining what a Stephen King musical would sound like and planning our steampunk photoshoots at a gorgeous old manor.
- Tor.com Science Fiction: Want to talk about your love of Star Wars? A documentary is in the works, and you might be the fan they’re looking for.
- Tor.com Fantasy: If you like map-making, would like to see your work in the book and are looking to stack up some good karma points, Saladin Ahmed is searching for an artist to create the worldmap for his upcoming novel.
- Tor.com Urban Fantasy: There are four left in the E! Online Alpha Male Madness contest. It’s a tough final at the moment; between Captain Tightpants and the Winchester boys, who knows what could happen?
- Tor.com Steampunk: On April 9th, Grimmelore Manor opens its doors to steampunk photoshoots for free. Don’t miss out!
- Tor.com Art Department: Muddy Colors has a gorgeous collection of illustrations depicting the Lady Eowyn in her pivotal battle against the Witch King.
- Tor.com Wheel of Time: Dragonmount video news talks the official Wheel of Time t-shirts!
From the “Of Interest” Sidebar:
- Nathan Heller has several reasons why you might want to see Super.
- Stephen King and John Mellencamp are working together on a musical. Yes, we did say musical.
Stubby the Rocket is the mascot and often random voice of Tor.com. It imagines a King/Mellencamp musical probably involves a lot of slide guitar and clowns.