Pop Culture Brain introduced us to our new favorite tea shop! We love the juxtaposition between Slytherin (EVIL!!! or at least, MORALLY GREY.), a nice cup of tea (Cozy! Jean-Luc Picard!), and Snape (CONFLICTED. And kinda stalky.)—and obviously the fact that poor put-upon Snape can only mutter about his hatred of puns just takes everything to a new level.
Morning Roundup wants ALL THE SCONES. But lacking that, we’ll just have to give you all the news we can find! We’ve got a new Daredevil cast member, musings on horror from Guillermo del Toro, and reading recommendations from Stephen King! Plus, Russia has a brand new Hellmouth. At least, we’re assuming it’s a Hellmouth, until we’re proved wrong. It seems safer that way.
- True Blood’s Deborah Ann Woll is leaving Bon Temps and joining Matt Murdoch in Hell’s Kitchen!
- Kate Mara has backtracked slightly on that whole “Fantastic Four movie won’t follow the comics” thing...
- Guillermo del Toro talks about the inevitable confluence of horror, Victoriana and Tom Hiddleston that is Crimson Peak.
- Joaquin Phoenix’s forehead had its own face in Her. Huh. What other mysteries does Joaquin Phoenix conceal...
- And speaking of conceal mysteries, who the hell poked this hole through Siberia? And what’s, um, what’s in the hole? It isn’t Cthulhu, is it? ’Cause that would ruin our weekend.
- Hm. Just in case it’s Cthulhu, here’s a handy guide to the gods of American Gods! One of them is sure to help.
- And assuming we live to see next week, here’s a handy list of book recommendations from Stephen King!
- Plus a field guide to emoji in the wild? Wait, did they gain sentience already? We thought we had more time on that.
- Finally, check out this 1985 ILM doc, “How to Film the Impossible!”