Yes, we admit, Snape’s doe Patronus made us choke up a little. And the fact that James and Harry share a mighty stag gives us goosebumps. But, what about the rest of us? Those of us who maybe don’t need quite so majestic a protector? Citizen of Tumblr HangingFire shared Alicia-MB's creative take on this question, and now Dementors are being thwarted by everything from angler fish to cassowaries, plus a few caped superheroes!
Morning Roundup intends to scare Dementors away with news about apes, presidential encouters with horse-masked individuals, and images from Alejandro Jodorowsky’s Dune!
- Dawn of the Planet of the Apes is a movie that evolved from thousands of individual motion-capture performances.
- 10 minutes of Jodorowsky’s Duneis like an hour of anyone else’s Dune. In a good way.
- The math behind presidents meeting horse-masked citizens.
- Think of the giant old book smell.
- Maybe humans are just using the wrong 10%?
- Stanley Kubrick talks about the most terrifying film he ever saw.
- In the crush of 20 and 25th anniversaries that are cascading around us, let us not forget one of the greatest moments of nerd cinema.
- And finally, direct from the alternate dimension we desperately want to live in, we present the Japanese Doctor Who: