Quick, what do you think is happening in the above picture? What if we told you this was a minimalist poster for the film alien, and that there is now a chest-bursting alien baby running amok in your tastefully furnished apartment? Buzzfeed shared some of these designs by Atipo, a Spanish art studio whose method of cutting to the heart of a film is simply breathtaking. Check out the idea for Jaws, Dracula, and, maybe best of all, Fahrenheit 451.
Morning Roundup has maximalist news for you today! The first official images from the set of Age of Ultron have been released! If Manuel Noriega is going to be portrayed as a murder, he damn well wants some royalties! And you might have heard some news about Thor...
- Entertainment Weekly gives us a first look at Avengers: Age of Ultron!
- So now Lindsay Lohan has something in common with former Panamanian dictator Manuel Noriega.
- Roberto Orci is not actually directing Star Trek 3 yet!
- In the wake of the new Thor announcement, io9 looks at 14 other Worthy Mjolnir-wielders. Also, we found excellent responses from Tony Stark and Odin himself!
- Fabulism = perfect summer reading!
- Sooty post-apocalyptic hats!
- A Twitter dream-casting conversation may give us a Columbo reboot starring Mark Ruffalo.
- And now, a theory about Jon Snow's parentage! Those of you who have been playing the Game of Thrones since the 90s have probably already seen this. Potential spoilers...