In honor of May the Fourth, The Nerdist's Amy Ratcliffe rounded up a few of the most ill-advised Star Wars collectibles ever produced for a mass audience. We're not really sure how any of these made it past the inter-office memo stage, but we had to feature our favorite, the horrifying Jar-Jar-tongue-lollipop nightmare featured above. Full disclosure: someone in this very rocketship owned one of these.
Morning Roundup apologizes for any Jar-Jar-related trauma, and dives headfirst into news! There is a casting call afoot for Episode VII, which will give us clues to the far, far away galaxy Abrams & co. are building. Marc Webb talks about villainy, and Seth Rogen talks about Preacher!
- Marc Webb wants the only villain sillier than Batroc for the next Amazing Spider-Man film.
- EPISODE VII CASTING CALL.
- We have to wonder if Matt Damon also showed up at Ben Affleck's house dressed as Amy Dunne?
- Revisit the rich and complex history of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and remind yourself why they're awesome before the despair of Michael Bay's version takes you.
- Boost your self-esteem by reading Jim Lee's rejection letters!
- Seth Rogen and Evan Golberg are going to tweak their Preacher adaptation to make it more surprising for comics fans. As long as James Franco plays Arseface, we'll be happy.
- Every day is Star Wars Day here at Tor.com. Enjoy: