Illustrator Dave Dorman has been obsessed with Aliens since the early 1980s. He expresses his obsession through loving illustrations, including this one titled “Batman vs. Alien.” We may be going out on a limb here, but it look like Batman lost. Zack Snyder, take note.
Morning Roundup includes a cogent argument for villains, we have news about Christopher Nolan’s next project, and also an update on proper heraldry!
- There’s a reason we tend to root for the villain. Well, three reasons. This one, and then the snark, then the superior fashion sense.
- The Kings of Arms have updated their rules to cover same-sex heraldry!
- We hope you like troubling alternative history, cause Salem has already been renewed for a second season!
- Interstellar trailer to screen before Godzilla! Audiences advised to bring earplugs for protection from BWHAAANGS.
- A Chronicle of the Death of a Partnership. (Spoilers for The Amazing Spider-Man 2 at the beginning of the article.)
- A handy guide to optimal animal petting. There is actually a genre element here, we promise.
- Cats had a knack for becoming famous long before their current internet deification.
- Why is Godzilla getting bigger, and what does his urine have to do with it?
- Finally, courtesy of Marc Dominic Rienzo: