Claire Pritchard, stylist to the stars of BBC, took a break from touching Benedict Cumberbatch’s hair (which, she assures us, smells amazing) to take this winning shot of BC (in character as Sherlock) with his Khan movie poster. We’re guessing Sherlock would have deduced John Harrison’s true persona pretty quickly...
Morning Roundup welcomes you into a new year with links! Check out Hobbit piracy, NASA diss tracks, and a special New Year’s gift from the producers of The Amazing Spider-Man 2!
- Apparently some people just don’t want to pay to hear Benedict Cumberbatch’s sweet, sweet Smaug voice.
- Sherlock’s Series 3 premiere won enormous ratings in the UK!
- Apparently, Isaac Asimov’s vision of the future depended heavily on robot maids.
- Chris Kluwe, professional sparklepony, theorizes about why his time as a Viking came to an abrupt end.
- NASA points out that maybe tragic Challenger shuttle audio shouldn’t be sampled for songs about sputtering relationships.
- Actual cannibal Shia LaBeouf continues to out-Franco Franco!
- We approve of this Buzzfeed list of their most anticipated SFF books.
- Finally, via Laughing Squid, check out Spider-Man’s New Year’s Eve celebrations!