Tiny Batman will not rest until he has purged Gotham City of its arch-fiend, The Zester! Artists Pierre Javelle and Akiko Ida have found a wonderful way to play with their food in their project MINIMIAM, creating whimsical landscapes from donuts, melons, and marshmallows. While we loved their canteloupe-based Ridley Scott homage, our favorite was the iconic image of the Bat signal shining over a Gotham made of lemon cookies.
Morning Roundup would be happy to just talk about lemon cookies for the rest of the day, but there are more things to discuss! Like the Apollo 13 astronauts! And LEGO! And...Sherlock spoilers! OK, that one isn’t quite accurate, but Sherlock does spoil a few things in an adorable video below. Click away!
- Just in case you need a handy audio clip to demonstrate “cool under pressure,” the Apollo 13 astronauts are here to provide it.
- Neill Blomkamp talks about the Halo movie that’s doing really well in an alternate-universe box office right now.
- We live in a world where 742 Evergreen Terrace is available in LEGO form. Rejoice! Now go look at the interiors.
- You’re probably writing a novel. Allow math to help you!
- The AV Club has compiled a massive list of things to anticipate in 2014, including lots of SFF-type-things!
- Steve Jobs’ biographer appeals to the power of the hive mind for help editing his latest project.
- What do you think of this list of 10 underrated performances of 2013? Was anyone left out, or does this pretty much cover it?
- You should expect some spoilers in a video called “Sherlock Spoils Everything.” However, we can assure you that he does not spoil Sherlock Series 3.