Whether you love or hate dinosaurs, it is imperative that parents instill in their children a proper respect for these terrible thunder lizards at an early age. Because then you get adorable pictures like this!
Your Morning Roundup is facing the truth about Luke Skywalker’s non-existent teaching credentials, canceling Charles Stross’ next book, and pretending it saw The Hobbit.
- Charles Stross has stopped writing the planned third book in his Halting State trilogy because reality essentially outpaced the future he was going to depict.
- The Dropout Rate of Luke Skywalker’s Jedi Praxeum Concerns Me
- This poster for The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug isn’t even pretending that the quotes are from people who have actually seen the film.
- Rolling Stone chose a climactic moment from this past season of Game of Thrones as the best TV moment of 2013. We don’t know what it is because we’re avoiding spoilers, but we assume that it involves everyone being nice to each other.
- Simon Pegg will join Monty Python in their next movie!
- Charlie Jane Anders on how to stop being a completist.
- There was a point shortly after the Big Bang where any terrestrial planet in the universe would have been capable of supporting life. Humanity never gets invited to the best parties!
- Europa is trying so hard to get us to come visit it’s gushing waterspouts higher than Mt. Everest.
- Half the users reading this very sentence aren’t even human.
- io9 dug up an old, weird Babylon 5 Christmas commercial that would fit perfectly in today’s TV programming. That show was ahead of its time!
- Finally, here’s Tilda Swinton dancing with Tilda Swinton dancing with Tilda Swinton.