Via the karen-gillan tumblr, we present to you: the real plot of The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug! This movie marquee pretty much nails the subtext of the book, since Smaug is not left with much swagger after he’s bested by a tiny, basically defenseless halfling....
Morning Roundup features: mind control cats! Robot death! And news about the Terminator remake, a follow-up to Legion, and a heartwarming glimpse of an Amazing Spider-Man 2 villain.
- The many faces of Paul Giamatti as Rhino.
- Where is my liquid metal! Okay, it’s a bit of a reach, but Emilia Clarke is up for the role of Sarah Connor in the Terminator remake.
- How do the female heroes of Marvel fare in the Bechdel Test?
- Is there anything better than an angelic war? Nope! That’s why SyFy is giving the world a TV series based on Legion!
- We’ve all seen the vintage Jet Age advertisements, touting air travel of the 1950s and 60s as a lost golden era...but was it really like that?
- Spawn Hoodie!
- Water these robots’ graves with your tears!
- Anyone who has ever lived with a cat knows that the mind control thing is real, and totally intentional.
- Finally, the original Ballantine cover art for Lord of the Rings is up for sale, if anyone’s interested!