Redditor Redrock1188 apparently has no fear of Sumerian hellbeasts! Even if we were gods or giant marshmallow men, we don’t think we’d post their bad habits on the internet. And we don’t even want to think about wrestling one of them into a…cuneiform of shame! Ha! We kill us.
Morning Roundup! Since many people are celebrating Halloween this weekend, we’ve got some links to Treehouses of Horror, horror movies, haunted roadtrips, and, just to balance things out, evil kitties!
- The Simpsons are the great cultural barometers of our time, which gives the AV Club a great excuse to round up some particularly pointed “Treehouse of Horror” segments!
- Here’s a fun list of the top 10 Jewish comics writers.
- There’s still one last weekend before Halloween if you want to take a creepy road trip! This one includes both an abandoned theme park, and desecrated Native American land! It’s a double whammy.
- Blastr has some of the most terrifying scenes from Stephen King! But really, nothing is more frightening than Bronson Pinchot in The Langoliers.
- Price tags used to be art.
- Writer-type-humans: Author Chuck Wendig requests that you not assault him with your book promotions.
- Which books would be read in the Rowling-verse? Harry’s pick is entirely too perfect...
- People love tempting the wrath of old gods today! io9 risked Bast’s fury by listing the most evil cats in all of SFF.
- Finally, exploding pumpkins!