We found the best Tumblr bookstore ever at Geek-Without-Braces! Between the Game of Thrones sign and this TARDIS sign, we really just want to spend the rest of this autumn day in front of a fireplace with the largest possible mug of cocoa and the longest possible book...check out the rest of the signs here, and we hope you get to spend at least part of today reading!
Morning Roundup is an overstuffed burrito of links! We’ve got some updates on the Man of Steel sequel, the Guardians of the Galaxy film, and Neil Gaiman has some reading advice for kids!
- Sleepy Hollow’s Nicole Beharie met the real “only-African-American-female-police-officer-in-Sleepy Hollow” at Comic-Con!
- Neil Gaiman has the crazy idea that allowing kids to read what they want might be good for them.
- Here’s PC Mag’s coverage of one of the “geek diversity” panels at NYCC.
- Hans Zimmer, who scored all of the Christopher Nolan Batman films, is having some trouble with Batman vs. Superman vs. The Volcano.
- If you’re still stuck on a Halloween costume, here are some literary suggestions from Bookish,
- Vulture has created an ur-document of nearly everything David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson said during their whirlwind tour of New York last weekend.
- Frank Oz talks about working with Jim Henson.
- Vin Diesel on stilts! Could this be Guardians of the Galaxy motion-capture preparation?
- Here’s a surprising list of films that fail the Bechdel Test.
- Check out these high fantasy X-Men!
- We love Pete Holmes! Could it be that his Wolverine is even better than his Dark Knight?