Lion-O should be on all coins! This would be so much more inspiring than the past presidents we’re stuck with now. Plus you could yell “25, 25, 25 cents, ho-oooh!” every time you took one out of your pocket. Brazilian artist Andre Levy thought the world’s currencies needed to strive for a new level of awesome and embarked on the “Tales You Lose” project, So far he’s painted Catwoman, Wolverine, The Hulk, and an entire mint’s worth of other cultural icons onto coins from around the world. Check out Levy’s Facebook page for the project to learn more!
Morning Roundup has an appreciation of Galaxy Quest, heated arguments about philosophy and genre, and Victorian villains!
- We all know Galaxy Quest is a classic—here are 22 reasons why.
- Due to some crazy oversight, we were not invited to Patrick Stewart’s wedding. But at least now we can experience it vicariously through this interview.
- Neal Stephenson talks about his Tall Tower project.
- Take the Haruki Murakami Quiz, and learn which Haruki Murakami you should date!
- You Kant always get what you want, providing you want is not to end up in a firefight over philosophy.
- Wait a second, apparently philosophy is terrifying even when there are no guns involved?
- Fine, forget philosophy. Let’s argue about the differences between “genre” and “literary” fiction instead! Wheeeee!!!!
- The Ninjago movie has a director!
- Roland Emmerich wants to turn Asimov’s Foundation books into a mini-series! Presumably because that will give him more opportunities for explosions.
- Worlds colliding again...
- Billie Piper will star in a new show about Victorian villains! Springheel Jack? Please?
- We think Joss Whedon should be airlifted in to work on every script.
- Check out this interview with Hugo-winner Michael Chabon!