When artist Steve Scott imagines Ben Affleck as Batman, we all begin to believe that the former Daredevil will be up to the task. Look at that chiseled chin! And that steely gaze. This could actually work. We like that he found a balance between the cheesiness of the late Schumacher period and the high tech battle gear of Nolan’s Batman—including a highlighted, but still subdued, utili-belt and bat symbol is a nice touch, as is the functional-looking cape. Could this be happening? Are we...looking forward to this, tentatively?
Morning Roundup has many wonderful things in store, including news about a Star Wars short film, the best Game of Thrones game yet, and inspirational quotes from Chewbacca!
- Awwww, Chewy always knows just what to say.
- A long-lost Star Wars short will screen at the Mill Valley Film Festival next month!
- There is now an actual petition for a Loki movie. You know what you have to do—the Summer of 2018 depends upon it.
- Also Roger Ebert’s hometown is raising money to honor him with a statue, which just makes us ridiculously happy.
- Join Claire Evans for a tour of sci-fi Los Angeles over at Omni Reboot.
- Janelle Monae talks about loving Octavia Butler and watching Star Trek with her grandmother.
- Apparently deciding that his work on the internet was finished, Robert Orci has deleted his Twitter account.
- This list of botched alien/human meetings could be waaaaay longer...are there any movies where it goes well?
- Topless Robot reminds us that read-along records used to exist! Here are some great sci-fi-themed ones, in case you travel to the past to have children.
- Neil Gaiman gives the best writing advice, but really, as soon as you finish reading it, you should sit down and write.
- This Godzilla-shaped sake bottle is adorable! It can reduce our livers to rubble whenever it wants.
- Finally, this 8-bit Game of Thrones game is not only fantastic, it’s also as free as a dragon on the wind. Go forth and download!