We saw this inspirational Batman image yesterday and were immediately galvanized into action. Our novel is being worked on for the first time in years. Our screenplay is getting a new draft. Our guitar is re-tuned and ready to rock. We are going to make some ART, ya’ll, because otherwise Batman will PUNCH US.
This not the motivation we deserve, but the one that we needed.
We’re going to level with you, this morning’s links roundup is weird. It features a real person named Odolphus Ham Waddle, machines taking over everything, and Firefly season 2. Yes, that Firefly. Yes, that season 2.
- This blog cataloguing the Strangest Names in American Political History is blowing the lid right off of Republican delegate Odolphus Ham Waddle’s barely-controversial time not-in-office.
- “Turn my hotel into a cross between Dr. Seuss and Jurassic Park!”, cried the man, and damned if it didn’t catch our attention.
- In celebration of Myst’s 20th anniversary, Grantland took a look at why no one made any more games like it.
- Jon Snow actor Kit Harrington is warning anyone who will listen that Game of Thrones season 4 will have more death than ever. As if you didn’t know. (Wait, do you not know?)
- The ratings for the first episode of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. were absolutely massive and they’re rerunning the episode this evening. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. cancellation watch begins...now!
- Japan is under siege by kaiju! Actually, raccoons. That fans of popular cartoon series Araiguma Rasukaru have been importing. This will end well. Doing what a cartoon says always ends well.
- Good news, everyone! You’re too stupid about science to be able to discuss science on Popular Science. Is this because we labeled evolution a “belief”? We’re sorry!
- A third of Britons polled could not name the author of Great Expectations. No. Stop right there. Don’t google it. You know this.
- Roberto Orci takes a break from insulting fans of Star Trek to explain his writing process to fans of Star Trek.
- Let’s be serious, when the machines rise up against us, what are the most likely jobs they’ll take away from us? Half of all the jobs? Guess one smart-ass blogger with a heart of gold will have to save us all. Again.
- Iron Man 3’s Drew Pearce thinks Runaways should be a part of Marvel’s Avengers “Phase 3” and all we can say is yes yes a thousand times yes!
- Now you can use an ordinance report to recreate entire countries in Minecraft. Soon they will figure out how to build us in Minecraft, and then there will be no need for this mincing flesh.
- Here comes Firefly season 2! In comic form. Check out preview pages and the synopsis at the link.
- Oh no! Bill Nye busted his knee on the latest Dancing With The Stars! FIX IT. FIX IT WITH SCIENCE.
Stubby the Rocket is the mascot of Tor.com. Stubby’s art is the human race, Batman. You wouldn’t understand.