The Simpsons is pretty much up there with The Odyssey and Les Temps Perdu as a foundational text in the Western canon. It’s given us catach phrases to cope with almost every occasion, philosophy, theology, and characters that have become more real than many people we see every day. And if we had to pick a favorite...well, we couldn’t, actually. But Troy McClure is definitely near the top! Artist and author Matthew Buchholz decided to take his love of Troy McClure to its logical end and created You Might Remember Me From, a tumblr site dedicated to creating posters for the entire McClure oeuvre. A particular highlight is this poster for The Revenge of Abraham Lincoln, featuring a very special John Wilkes Booth!
Today’s Morning Roundup promises to embiggen your life with Neil deGrasse Tyson, a psychotic episode from Donald Duck’s unsavory past, and Macklemore at the Renaissance Festival...
- Jen-Luc Godard: Fan Fiction Auteur.
- This visit to Baltimore’s BronyCon is absolutely fascinating.
- Neil deGrasse Tyson presents: The Top Ten Reasons to Love Science! Hopefully he threw a pen through one of the windows of the Hayden Planetarium right after he finished it.
- Marvel Unification Theory!
- Check out the trailer for Paul Pope’s Battling Boy!
- Pee-wee’s Next Big Adventure?
- Bryan Singer is shooting Quicksilver’s scenes at 3600 fps!
- Researchers have taught a computer to tell sexist jokes. SCIENCE!
- Identical twin astronauts Mark and Scott Kelly hope to be guinea pigs for a study of the genetic impact of microgravity.
- Never screw with Donald Duck. We bet his Uncle will totally pay off the judge, too.
- Finally, we have to agree with Julia Bemi: Renaissance Festivals are better than thrift shops.
Stubby the Rocket is the mascot of Tor.com. Stubby is still waiting for someone to make Night Boat: The Crime-Solving Boat into a movie.