Redditor mikedudical was worried that his kids weren’t going to like their new school, Bloomington Elementary in St. George, Utah. But then, he check out their library and found a Super Mario-themed wonderland! Granted, the kids attending this school now are a little young to appreciate the 8-bit graphics on display, but we’re guessing they don’t mind too much. You can see more images of the library here!
Today’s Morning Roundup is starting your week off right with healthy doses of Jack Kirby, Saul Bass, and Tom Hiddleston! Plus unsettling revelations about Batman...
- OK, you’re telling us there’s more Loki in Thor: The Dark World, but could you give us some actual percentages?
- RandomRealLifeAnimalado just doesn’t sound as good.
- After rewatching The X-Files, we weren’t sure we even wanted to believe anymore, and then this happened.
- Who started adding apostrophes to fantasy characters’ names?
- Wait, Batman did what to the Joker in The Killing Joke?
- Probably the only time Harry Potter and Macho Man Randy Savage will end up next to each other.
- If you ever wanted to sleep in a bed built by Robert Heinlein, well, you have a fascinating bucket list. And now you can cross that one off!
- We’re guessing that anyone reading this has definitely heard of Jack Kirby, but we still want to point out Time’s description of him simply as “artist.” Not “comic-book-artist,” just artist.
- On the one hand, we want to visit all of these fictional libraries. On the other hand, we know we’d never leave. But on the other other hand, it would be completely worth it.
- Wow, that’s terrific Bass!
- Hopefully this bottle and Wilson will bob into each other somewhere on the sea, and have an unlikely-yet-beautiful romance.
- We’ve borrowed this from Blastr because, not only is it hilarious, but it also gives us an excuse to say “I’m Electric Nachos!” and “The Rocke-who?” in the same sentence. Thank you for indulging us.