Austin-based illustrator and printmaker Tim Doyle, drawing on his experience of living with “an indeterminate amount of cats” has created this adorable mashup of Miyazaki and Tardar Sauce—The Grumpy Catbus. This print will soon be joined by a sister image of Lil Bub as be part of Spoke Art Gallery’s Lil Bub group show in San Francisco on September 7th.
Today’s Morning Roundup will take you on a thrilling journey through culinary history, angry trees, and an upcoming addition to the world of fairy tale musicals. Read on!
- So Graham crackers were invented in 1872, but s’mores weren’t invented until 1927? What the hell were people doing with them for 55 years?
- These collages merging historical and present-day photos are eerie, and our favorite, obviously, is the one with the zeppelin.
- But where will the moat go?
- Google has now branched out into mapping Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space.
- Neil Gaiman talks to Jian Ghomeshi about why scaring kids is good for them.
- Noted elf and Conchord Bret McKenzie talks about his fairy tale musical by invoking Labyrinth, then doubles down and says “it would be a mixture of The Muppets and The Princess Bride.”
- Check out these beautiful illustrations for Irish legends.
- Being a companion isn’t for everyone, but you can still take a tour of the TARDIS from the relative safety of your desk!
- Christopher Nolan + wormhole.
- Vulture interviews 21-year-old Samantha Shannon about her debut novel The Bone Season.
- The Giving Tree has had enough of your taking.
- This is literally the worst thing ever to happen to the English language.