This photo by Eric Lusito is part of a set on Environmental Graffiti chronicling the now-decayed ruins of the former Soviet Union’s military heyday, but being nerds, we obviously saw something else entirely... Let’s all just be glad the Double Clawshot was never used in battle.
Your Morning Roundup loves reading about Sneep and Dumblehorse but is reminded that Rowling’s magical society has deep social problems.
- Luke and Darth are a little more than kin and less than kind in this Shakespearean Star Wars adaptation from Quirk Books!
- Water wings... for a fish!
- A look at Boba Fett’s original screen test shows that he’s somehow even cooler than we’d been led to believe. Spurs!
- Maybe it’s just as well that letter from Hogwarts never came, after all...
- R. Sikoryak has been creating literary/comics mashups for years with works ike “Good Ol’ Gregor Sama” and “Crypt of Bronte.” This fascinating review of his work explains his technique!
- This billboard for Agents of SHIELD is amazing, but it still doesn’t tell us: Who do they answer to?
- We’re hoping that the person who took the time to transcribe the final exam from Real Genius also filled his house with laser popcorn.
- So...sparks are going to fly?
- What would you read if you had time enough at last?
- This video has superconductors, Mobius strips, and magnets, and you owe it to yourself to watch it.
- Honestly, we thought Dr. Giggles would place higher on a list of the most terrifying cinema-villain laughs....
- It was George Orwell’s birthday over the weekend, and Dutch activists broke out the party hats! Presumably the pinatas were beaten in Room 101.
- Sneep. Sneep. Severus SNEEP.
- Aaaand...new and improved Hobbit trailer!
Stubby the Rocket is the mascot of Tor.com. Snrubby the Pocket is the mascot of Torb.vonk.