Subtracting just one letter from a book title can be real fun, real fast. We can’t wait to read Edgar Allan Poe’s The Rave, although we are loathe to finish Laughterhouse-Five so quickly. There’s just too much amazing literature to go around! Next you’ll be telling us we shouldn’t read Scalzi’s Redshits, Doctorow’s Little Bother, or the H.G. Wells classic The Tim Machine.
Your morning roundup is thinking about Frasier with lasers, sharknados, and how life-size we want that new action figure of Superman standing on top of skulls. (The answer? Pretty life-size.)
- You want 80s nostalgia? What we need here is a 60-foot-tall Weird Al Yankovic solving this giant Rubik’s cube. On a Lisa.
- The pay-off for Laser Frasier takes a little while, but is so, so worth it.
- If the Disney princes are in a boy band, which one is the cute one?
- Wonder Woman dispenses some timely advice to a young girl.
- StarTrek.com asked, which Captain would you want for a mentor? The number one choice is no surprise, but we thought Archer deserved better.
- Shark. Tornado. Sharknado.
- A user on Reddit snapped this pic of a statue in Novosibirsk, Russia memorializing the sacrifice made by lab rats in the name of science. Look how cute he is knitting DNA coils together! The Secret of NIMH is somewhere in that second DNA loop.
- So first, occupational therapist Christina Stephens is sitting on what appears to be a leopard-print floor. Next, she’s wearing one of those awesome space-pattern-tights. And finally—she’s making herself a prosthetic leg out of LEGO.
- This SDCC exclusive Superman figure features the Man of Steel standing on a pile of skulls, having finally shaken that whole “boy scout” image he’s been trying to lose.
- With a new summer blockbuster opening each week, it can be daunting to select the one that will most enrich your popcorn-eating experience. Faced with this choice, it’s good to know you can turn to this helpful flow chart.
- And, finally: flaming-bagpipe-unicycle-dragon!
Stubby the Rocket is the mascot of Tor.com. Stubby was so close to being Subby after that whole Poseidon adventure.