Do not let Martin Klimas near your grandmother’s china cabinet. The German artist “explores the beauty that comes out of chaos” by using a strobe light and a single camera frame to photograph the moment of impact when a porcelain figure drops. He wants to “explore relationships with time, beauty and destruction,” and apparently also explore the relationship between a dragon and the floor. You can see the entire set here, and check out some of his other work here.
Check out today’s Morning Roundup for robot nostalgia, a visit to Twin Peaks, and Muppets, plus Lando Calrissian sings!
- Even people who own cars will appreciate Bleeding Cool’s list of the Worst Comics Characters on the Subway.
- Columbia Library has acquired the archives of Al Jaffee!
- Amy Poehler says Leslie Knope is Khaleesi, but after witnessing her epic drinking battle with Ron Swanson, we’re thinking she has an inner Cersei.
- To be fair, if we were going to have an intervention for Batman, his haording problem would be way down on the list...
- Ian Sales has compiled a list of the 100 greatest sci-fi stories written by women—who do you think belongs on the list?
- Chewbacca! What a Wookiee!
- Yesterday, we showed you a beer robot. Today, bow before V.I.N.CENT!
- Come sit and enjoy a damn fine cup of coffee.
- Asimov + Muppets. Just click, and thank us later.
- And finally, Bleeding Cool showed us that the only thing Lando Calrissian loves more than the Millennium Falcon is a great night of karaoke:
Stubby the Rocket is the mascot of Tor.com. He is not a big fan of “Sweet Caroline” at karaoke, but will admit to singing along with the end of “Creep.”