While working in the Doubleday art department in the 1950s, Edward Gorey was asked to illustrate a special new edition of H. G. Wells’ The War of the Worlds, and the result was wonderfully stark and ooky. Check out more from the illustrated version here.
Your Morning Roundup is thinking that yeah, maybe the Doctor should rescue some puppies in space.
- Doctor Who’s Karen Gillan is probably playing Nebula the space pirate in the Guardians of the Galaxy movie. Den of Geek has more on the ever-expanding cast. Bleeding Cool, meanwhile, takes this as a sign that the movie will definitely center around the Infinity Gems.
Walder FreyDavid Bradley as the First Doctor! When the TARDIS starts playing “The Rains of Castamere” you know you’re doomed.
- Fox is making a pilot for a possible League of Extraordinary Gentlemen TV show.
- Mark Gatiss wants to make a Doctor Who episode about adorable dogmonaut Laika!
- Everyone is pretty sure Star Wars Episode VII will make one billion dollars. Disney can imagine quite a bit.
- The hammer of Thor is one of the 50 symbols U.S. soldiers can request on their tombstones.
- Hells yes we want U.S. commemorative stamps with SFF authors on them!
- Tumblr user coalitiongirl has the best gif set of Dana Scully you’re likely to see, until we post another one.
- Tim Leong has a new book coming that sorts all of comics history into infographics. Surprisingly, the Venn diagram of Underwear on the Outside, Tragically Dead Parents, and Cape doesn’t always produce the greatest character....